Eggs are coming thick & fast and the cockerels seem to have been much more active recently, so I’ve decided to try a dozen eggs in the incubator. If they work, they work. If not, I’ll try again later. Mixed results last year with the incubator, but I’ve got a much better idea of what I’m doing this time.
In terms of eggs, I think I now have regular customers for all my eggs, at current output levels anyway. Good local eggs are one thing that’s always guaranteed to sell.
I also moved 3 pullets (and a young cockerel) in with the rest of the hens tonight. My dad’s van is handy for transportation of this nature. Glad he doesn’t pay attention to my posts!